Consultancy and creative guidance for a range of prevention measures
How can we fight child abuse? Through actions designed to get people thinking about ways of better living together in the family, at school and in society in general – and not just thinking about them, but going one step further.
Yapaka is a programme targeting the prevention of child abuse, initiated by the Wallonia-Brussels Federation. The idea is to provide parents, children and professionals with support in thinking about our daily lives, how we function, what difficulties and conflicts we face, etc. And there are no miracle recipes! The initiative aims to come up with ways of doing things, whether in the family, at school, in clubs, etc.
Clepsydre's task is focused on consultancy and strategy via:
- communication consulting
- delivering content
- tips for various actions
- construction of the Yapaka.be website
Campaign "The example we give"
For a child to know the constraints of living together, adults have the responsibility of reflecting on their actions vis-à-vis others, within a group, within society, etc. The concept behind this campaign is to foster partnership with stakeholders in various fields.
A few examples:
- In the run-up to the project, the Creative Club of Belgium (an association of creative directors from the advertising world) held a competition for coming up with the best slogan. Slogans were posted on the campaign website).
- STIB and TEC: campaign slogans and visual material were used first by STIB and then TEC in the context of their communication campaigns for respect and against rudeness in public transport.
In addition a brochure was compiled on ways of behaviour and on already existing initiatives.
The "hypersexualisation" campaign
The key message is encapsulated in the statement "Let Children Be Children". The aim of the campaign is to make people aware of reality. A poster was produced. A 1-day workshop was held within the Wallonia-Brussels Federation Parliament on the subject.
The "It's a dog's life" campaign
"It's a dog's life” is a book handed out to children in their fourth year at school. It deals with a number of basic subjects and questions: arguments, sleep, homework, intimacy, etc. Also available are “Dog’s life” posters and stickers giving people food for thought. To foster discussion around the book, videos are being made, in conjunction with teachers, of what children have experienced. These are then disseminated on Club RTL or on the Yapaka website.
- Wallonia-Brussels Federation - Yapaka unit
- Louis Grippa (strategy consulting, editing)